Thursday 28 May 2015

Where The Mind is Without Fear !!


To a mind set of strange Indian or if I say customized to the strange rules which is bagged as orthodox or culture or bringing words like roots, I as an independent Indian reckon that they are simply been missed used.
So these rules bend, bend for dimension of interest! And ouch as a new generation I feel accused of doing “wrong” which in deed is not defined.
I have been lucky to be educated and have developed thinking power but yes I can only think because reaction is still protected by “roots” “culture”!! So I as a young generation cannot stabilize thought process. I find myself entangled into the world war of two countries  “ My World “ and  “ the world they want me to think “ To be very clear I don’t mean bad for our culture or society or thinking , but I still want to object on how they use it ! So to my ability of grey matter inside, I think each and every rule has been justified or created due to certain reasons! Now my major is to feel the question why? Say for example I see my mother not eating non vegetarian food in the month of August and claim it with some festival and pooja... I can only reason it as rainy season has bacterial growth and relates to casualties and hence old-gold people restricted us by naming it on religion.
I feel so sorry for so many taboos that sometimes my brain is choked and runs from pillar to post to find fresh thinking. I do not blame my great grandfather to be a part of the clan but yes to my recent elders I do feel to voice the rational thought process and need to be aware.

Another enemy to me is my mother’s favorite word “SOCIETY”! Yes we are social animals and need to be in a society and live with them, not for them! I have always rationalized my instruction, landed up into disasters and great punishments and traumas but to my knowledge today I am a better thinker than many, I find myself rational, Adaptable, I can stable myself in adverse situations and I do have my own set of rules and am very particular to them like bribery, voicing it out is important, forget and forgive and so on and so forth, perhaps list is attached to my left template. Neither do I disagree with any new or old concept; all I do is think... judge and react! I don’t follow
To each individual reading it, I want to voice it out that its time do your own mistakes and have the ability to mend it by “YOU"! Learn from others but do experiment it!! I know prevention is better than cure but that does not mean that you will stop thinking.


When I was in class 8th, one of my favorite teacher asked me to join her in the staffroom (being a revolute I have always been in limelight and those were not my best days either as I was an adolescent. Recently learnt love , had a crush who was least interested in and was devastated by the huge list of subjects to study ) so Mrs. Shukla , my teacher picked up a glass of half filled water and asked me to hold it ! as soon as I stood with the glass in hand she requested me to bring out my arm to a stable 90 degree position and then asked me “ Lady , what do you see in the glass” ! Being the smart one I very proudly announced ma’am this glass is half full not half empty and waited for her to come near me, hug me and say wonderful!  But no she kept on talking!! She again asked “So what happens if you hold this for 3 hours in the same position?” I said: “My hand will start paining!!” She increased the time parameter & continued the conversation “and if you hold the same half filled glass for next 12 hours, what will happen?”  I replied with perplexities “I may need medical attention!” she continued “And if I ask you to hold it for 2 days in the same position with you half filled water, what will happen?” Now getting scared I replied “I may have to cut my hand (I got so restless), but ma’am where is this conversation leading to? “ Then very calmly and with a smile (that I still remember) on her face said “you know this glass whether half filled or empty are your baggage’s! So as long as you hold your baggage, the more you suffer!! Throw them away . And let go things that have hurt you, made you sad, live on forgive and forget and try to spread happiness”
From their till date and I am happy, honest to myself and do not leave thinking!!
So yes! Make your own statement because you have much more to do than you actually feel!! 
PS: If you have your story which changed your life or thinking, I would love to listen it. Please put it in the comment section!! XoXo


4 comments:

  1. Quite Interesting !!! Good Job Lady !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite interesting. I have to go thru couple of times to get to the essence of your writing. I do strongly believe that any kind of art is the best way to state or change or heal. One thing I want to add here is if one can learn how to RESPOND and not to REACT to...situation or people, may be then life can become little easier for everyone. Being a parent, now my way of thinking has changed and I'm changed hopefully for good...n change is good bcoz it is the only constant thing.
    Apart from our stereotype academic learning I do believe if there is an equal acceptance for SPIRITUAL LEARNING or PRACTICAL LEARNING... Picture will be way way different n understandable.
    Nice initiative dear n keep on writing more as DIL MANGE MORE :) best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest , I did not think about the cocept to Reaction ! Your insight has definately given my brain food , to think !

      Delete